When in home we feel that the kids are safe and secure. The situation is but otherwise. They are as much exposed to accidents and injuries as they are outside the home. The accidents can happen any time and with all kinds of intensity. Being parents it is important to be attentive and keep a close eye on all the possible conditions that might lead to any kind of accident. The common types of accidents that kids can come across are as follows:
- Slipping and tripping is the most common happening around the house. Most of the kids get the injuries as they step on some toy or they get stuck in a carpet etc. the kids find it hard to move along the staircase securely if there is a lot of stuff lying across them. Absence of the handrails can be a threat for the kids moving around as well. Throw rugs are not a kid friendly accessory as well.
- Chemicals and detergents are a must have for every home. The medicine section is also very important as anyone in home can get ill any time. The colorful liquids in the glass bottles and the tiny tablets always fascinate the kids. Unless you keep them properly locked r latched the kids can reach out for them. Engulfing them even in a small quantity can poison your kids.
- The scariest thing after the chemicals is the sharp edged accessories like the knives and the forks. No matter how safe and secure you keep those the kids try to get hold of them whenever they get a chance. They can get minor cuts to deep incisions on any part of their body. The vigilant parents keep them in some case or cover and keep the closets locked securely and safely too. With the passage of time the kids can be taught about staying away from the sharp thing.
- Don’t light fire before the child. It fascinates them that how the match stick or a lighter can create a red, blue and yellow flame. To find the answer they try to explore the phenomenon behind this. Playing with the stove switches is also a great hobby of the kids especially when they are standing with the parent in the kitchen. This can turn out to be really scary as the fire fascination and the hot parts of the stove can actually burn their delicate skin.
- Putting the tiny parts of the machines and even the toys in their mouth is a great game for the young ones. Besides this taking a large morsel into the mouth can cause choking and suffocation.
- Electric switches are most wanted item in the homes. They love to insert their tiny fingers into the sockets that can result in electric shock sometime.
- There should be retractable child safety gate in house.